Five dimensions of customer service skills can help
Customer service is a large part of many people’s jobs. Knowing how to deal with customers and performing the best service possible is important. But it can be hard to develop these skills, especially in the face of difficult patrons.
There are certain dimensions that people should focus on when they want to develop their customer service skills. These are the five dimensions of being a customer service star:
- Feeling Positively Toward Customers. A positive attitude toward customers creates great customer service. People who enjoy customer interaction are enthusiastic, have eye contact, have positive voice inflection and the desire to build a friendly rapport.
- Encouraging Customer Feedback. In order to provide excellent service to customers, you must know what your customers need and want. Fulfill their needs by encouraging them to provide you with both positive and negative feedback.
- Responding to Customer Problems. Make sure you respond to problems promptly – this is a good way to capture customer loyalty. The standard of service is at risk when the response to a problem is delayed, passed to several people or ignored.
- Developing Repeat Relationships. Long-term relationships are important because the value of a customer increases over time. In order to develop repeat relationships, individuals should take positive actions by treating every situation with an understanding of the lifetime value of a customer.
- Seeking to Exceed Customer Expectations. The greatest opportunity to satisfy and retain customers is to find ways to exceed their expectations. Doing more than a customer expects makes that customer’s experience a memorable one, which can spark future business.
HRDQ’s ‘Becoming a Customer Service Star’ helps both employees and managers examine their attitudes about customer service in the five above critical areas. The tool will develop your skills and create a profile of individual customer service strengths and weaknesses, recognize the opportunities to improve customer service and retention, and identify an individual action plan to enhance service in the five key areas. Learn more here: https://www.hrdqstore.com/becoming-a-customer-service-star.